Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ruffled Cake


Cute pink ruffled cake I made for a baby shower. Well, the first one was a test version. The second (the cake with the chocolate chip checker pattern on top) was actually for the baby shower.




It was a really fun cake to make. Soft dark chocolate with homemade raspberry jam filling and Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting, which, by the way. is the best frosting EVER.


 That is...until you've "test tasted" it a few too many times and end up having too much...
Then no frosting tastes very good...

Here is the finished cake! It was SO yummy! To be honest I added the milk and dark chocolate chip checkers because I ran out of frosting...oops. But I was very proud of my improv. It added a lot of personality.


(Sorry for the lack of photo editing. I hit a little snag...)
To learn how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream or frosting ruffles see this link: http://sweetapolita.com/2011/06/ruffles-roses-a-madish-tea-party/
She's got the best tutorial and most straight-forward recipe I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment